Friday, February 13, 2015

I Hate To Be Negative.....

I hate to be negative but won't the effects of human driven climate change be mitigated by a population die off.  I mean, come on, get real,  I'm 60 and the population of both the planet and the United States have doubled in my lifetime.  The idea that we can provide food, water, and health care for a few more billion people is ridiculous.  We can barely provide for everyone now, and it's only going to get worse.

Now, I know that a lot of people read stuff like this and assume that famine, disease, and all that will be the plague of the third world, and it won't happen here. ( Fill in any first world country for here.)  I don't know why first worlders make that assumption.  A massive drought, not enough water to grow food, knows no boundaries, and when push comes to shove, we can only buy so much food  from other countries.  And let's not forget our old friend war.  War over resources has already begun, and it will only get worse.

Talk about the four horseman.

No comments: